The irony is that that self-directed doesn’t mean you’re on your own
Enjoy the flexibility of greater choices of investments inside your retirement plan and receive ongoing Portfolio Management and Financial Planning services. With a self directed retirement plan, you can make investments in your 401K or other employer sponsored retirement plan with the freedom of a brokerage account. A self-directed retirement plan is a brokerage account that resides within your employer-sponsored retirement plan. In addition to the limited choices typically offered by retirement plans, they let you invest in a much wider range of investments.
How it works:
- Your Retirement Plan Provider must offer a self-directed retirement plan as part of your retirement plan in order for you to open an account.
- Your employer will determine if your retirement plan's investment selection for plan includes only mutual funds or most available investments.
- You decide how much money to transfer from your retirement plan into the self-directed option.
- You invest your assets in any type of investment allowed. Brokerage firms like Schwab and Fidelity are restricted from providing advice on these accounts because they may be deemed a fiduciary; however, most retirement plans allow you to appoint an independent advisor. That’s where Decision Investments fit in. Because we are a fiduciary for our clients, we can provide to you the same level of service we provide to all of our clients, in your plan.
A self-directed retirement plan better helps you meet your retirement investment objectives by making available thousands of investments, depending on what your retirement plan allows including:
- No-load, no-transaction-fee mutual funds from hundreds of leading fund companies
- Stocks listed on all the major exchanges
- Exchange-traded funds (ETFs)
- CDs and money-market funds
- Bonds and other fixed income investments.
For a no cost, no obligation review of your 401K, including complimentary analysis of your existing holdings and proposed allocation, please fill out the form below.